Filter by Property Type
Keyword Search
Featured Property
No listings added yet. click to add a new one.




The town of Ivailovgrad is situated amphitheatrically in a mountainous area in the proximity of the Arda river bed. It lies 56km to the east of Krumovgrad. The biggest sight in the town is the God’s Transfiguration church, built in 1830. Its wooden iconostasis was carved by masters from the famous Debur school of arts. The biggest massif of fig and almond trees in Bulgaria is to be found in the area surrounding Ivailovgrad. An interesting biological experiment represents the cultivation of a sequoia grove, which despite the small height and the warm climate, continues to grow successfully. Just outside the town (beneath the micro-dam) excavations have uncovered a Roman countryside villa, Armira, dating to the 2-3c. AC. The country house is believed to have been owned by a Roman slave-owner. There, archeologists have found a large number of architectural details made of marble and wonderful mosaics. Unfortunately, all mosaic pieces have been gradually stolen and there is none still to be seen by visitors. To the west of the Armira villa, one can visit the remains of a fortress dating to the Middle Ages, named Lyutitsa. Remains of fortress walls, a water reservoir and several towers still stand out against the natural surroundings. The fortress is believed to have served as an episcopal residence in the 9th century and as a metropolitan centre in the 14th c. About 3km to the southwest of Ivailovgrad and to the west of one of the town’s residential quarters, Ludzha, one can visit the St St Konstantin and Elena monastery. It was established in the 13th c. and is still functional.